Please keep in mind
Are you in or are you planning a visit to Waterland van Friesland? You’ll be made very welcome in our beautiful region. The measures taken to combat the coronavirus may affect your stay. We’ve therefore gathered all the information and guidelines for you, so that you can enjoy Southwest Friesland as safely as possible.
For all the general measures concerning the coronavirus, please check the Dutch government website. We’d also request that you avoid any busy places, that you stay at home if you have a cold or are feeling unwell, and that you keep a 1.5 m distance to anyone who is not part of your household.
Campsites and holiday parks
You are welcome at campsites and holiday parks. Showers and toilets in shared sanitary facilities are open again.
Check out all our campsites and holiday parks here
Hotels are open to guests.
Check out all our hotels here
Bed & breakfasts
Bed & breakfasts are open to guests.
Check out all our bed & breakfasts here
Group accommodation locations are also open to guests.
- Group accommodation may be booked by housemates (shared residential address) or families.
- People from several households may stay the night, however, these people must be able to observe the 1.5 m social distancing rule in the communal areas.
Check out all group accommodation here
In Waterland van Friesland, you can enjoy a holiday on your boat, take a day trip or rent a boat. There are plenty of options for renting a boat while keeping a social distance. Alongside the general guidelines, please take account of the following:
- Bridges and sluice gates are operating normally according to the summer schedule. Click here for the latest opening times.
- The Marrekite ‘free’ moorings found throughout the region are available for use. Click on this map to find them.
- Facilities such as water and electricity in our municipal harbours are open from 20 May.
- The sanitary facilities in our marinas are fully open again.
Check out where boats can be rented, here
Children's sailing cmaps are open again as of 1 July.
Check out al sailing schools here
Why not visit one of our many museums or visitor centres in Waterland van Friesland?
- Museums, theatres and cinemas are open again.
- Buy or book your tickets beforehand by arranging this online, calling or emailing. Museumtickets are available online through the VVV Waterland van Friesland website.
- You are strongly advised to wear a non-medical face mask.
- Guests must always keep a distance of 1.5 metres, unless they are part of a shared household.
- The fountains in the eleven famous Frisian cities, the so-called 11fountains, can be admired daily during the summer months.
Check out all the museums here
Food and drinks
Enjoy delicious food and drinks at your holiday address by having food delivered or picking up.
- Terraces, cafes and restaurants are closed from October 15th.
Cycling and rambling
- Hundreds of cycling and rambling routes await you if you observe the 1.5 m social distancing rule.
- Toilets are open for cyclists and ramblers.
Places to rest are open for a cup of coffee. They are allowed to open their toilets to cyclists and ramblers.
Check out the cycling and rambling routes here
Most events will be forbidden from October 14, with the exception of theaters, cinemas, casinos, concert halls and markets. A maximum of 30 people may gather in indoor areas. Local authorities are free to determine whether events can be organised within the set conditions. Many events will therefore not take place.
Check out the events calender
Other recreational options
- Our beaches, Frisian lakes, parks and woodlands are open to visitors. The corona measures also apply when out enjoying the countryside.
- Swimming pools are open.
- Indoor play areas and theme parks may open once they have drawn up a suitable protocol. We suggest you check the current situation of each individual indoor play area or theme park.
- All seats are available.
- A on-medical face mask must be worn, as it is very difficult to observe the 1.5 m social distancing rule.
- Avoid peak periods.
We hope this information will help you plan your visit to Waterland van Friesland. Any questions? Please feel free to contact us!
This information and the guidelines were drawn up on 15 October 2020 and will be updated by us regularly. No rights may be derived from this information.