Please keep in mind
Are you in or are you planning a visit to Waterland van Friesland? You’ll be made very welcome in our beautiful region. The measures taken to combat the coronavirus may affect your stay. We’ve therefore gathered all the information and guidelines for you, so that you can enjoy Southwest Friesland as safely as possible.
For all the general measures concerning the coronavirus, please check the Dutch government website. We’d also request that you avoid any busy places, that you stay at home if you have a cold or are feeling unwell, and that you keep a 1.5 m distance to anyone who is not part of your household.
CoronaCheck app as a ticket
To gain access to some events, locations and activities, the organiser may ask for a COVID access pass, such as a negative test result, proof of vaccination or recovery. You can also load these documents in the CoronaCheck- app and use it as a COVID access pass.
Holiday parks and campsites
You are welcome at holiday parks and some campsites.
Hotels are open to guests. Restaurants in hotels are also open, but there are still some limitations, such as a fixed seat and visitors keep 1,5 meters away from each other.
Bed & breakfasts
Bed & breakfasts are open to guests.
Group accommodation locations are also open to guests.
- There are no restrictions on the number of guests, as long as visitors can keep 1,5 meters distance to each other.
Why not visit one of our many museums or visitor centres in Waterland van Friesland?
- Museums, theatres and cinemas are open again.
- Buy or book your tickets beforehand by arranging this online, calling or emailing.
- For public venues, like cinemas and theatres, where customers have a fixed seat, registration and health check is still mandatory.
- Visitors keep 1.5 metres distance from each other, unless they are part of a shared household.
- The fountains in the eleven famous Frisian cities, the so-called 11fountains, can be admired daily during the summer months.
Food and drinks
Restaurants and cafes are closed between 0.00 and 6.00. Nightclubs and discotheques are closed.
View all restaurants en cafes here.
Without a COVID-19 access pass:
- Registration and a health check are mandatory.
- A fixed seat is required.
- Visitors keep 1.5 meters distance from each other.
Enjoy delicious food and drinks at your holiday address by having food delivered or picking up.
Cycling and rambling
- Hundreds of cycling and rambling routes await you if you observe the 1.5 m social distancing rule.
- Toilets are open for cyclists and ramblers.
- Places to rest are open for a cup of coffee. They are allowed to open their toilets to cyclists and ramblers.
Local authorities are free to determine whether events can be organised within the set conditions.
Other recreational options
- Our beaches, Frisian lakes, parks and woodlands are open to visitors. The corona measures also apply when out enjoying the countryside.
- Swimming pools are open. A reservation is recommended.
- Amusement parks, outdoor attractions and indoor playgrounds are open. A reservation is recommended.
- All seats are available.
- A on-medical face mask must be worn, as it is very difficult to observe the 1.5 m social distancing rule. Examples are passenger transportation, public transportation, railway and metro stations, airports, and in aircraft.
We hope this information will help you plan your visit to Waterland van Friesland. Any questions? Please feel free to contact us!
This information and the guidelines were edited on 9 August 2021 and will be updated by us regularly. No rights may be derived from this information.